Now that the fall quarter has ended, Kellstadt students have the opportunity to enjoy the winter intersession before returning to campus in the new year. Some students opt to take a course during the winter intersession while others take the time to relax and recharge. Regardless of academic plans, Kellstadt students can still be spotted enjoying all that Chicago has to offer. Here are the top five activities where DePaul students can be found during this holiday season:
(1) “Cohortsgiving” | The members of the full-time cohort brought together homemade dishes – traditional and non-traditional – to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Two full turkeys were enjoyed amongst the celebration. In a toast, a full-time student noted being grateful for the newfound friendships and the overall connectedness within the cohort.
(2) Chicago Holiday Events
- Christkindlmarket | This Chicago favorite presents a lovely arrangement of traditional, festive German shopping and cuisine…all located in Downtown Chicago. Inspired by the Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg, Germany, enjoy a bit of Deutschland this holiday season.
- Lincoln Park ZooLights | See the Lincoln Park Zoo in a whole new light. Through January 6, festive Christmas lights will be on display throughout the zoo.
- Catching the CTA Holiday Train | On the way to any of the above events, DePaul students will be chasing this festive train based on the schedule. Look for the “Season’s Greetings from the CTA” sign and catch a ride on one of the jovial cars.
(3) DePaul Athletics Events | As avid sports fans, a number of current students plan to attend DePaul games during December. The Blue Demons men’s basketball team face Northwestern in a crosstown matchup at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8.
(4) Professional Reflection | Students can use the time off from classes to set themselves up for professional success in the remaining school year. A number of students plan to polish resumes and LinkedIn profiles as they reflect on New Year’s resolutions related to leadership, career development, and professional goals.
- Enroll in a free Lynda course offered through DePaul
- Catch up on the latest leadership and business books, such as “The Relationship Diet” that our very own Dr. James Mourey, Marketing Professor, recently wrote.
- Apply for scholarships | A number of DePaul scholarships and external scholarships are available for students to apply to during the break.
(5) Rest, Relax, & Recharge | Students will also utilize their time to indulge in some R&R and self care. Try a workout at The Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center or a walk on the Chicago Lakefront Path.