Highflying Executive: Rosemarie Andolino (BUS ’90)

RESIDENCE: Chicago

OCCUPATION: CEO and president of MAG USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manchester Airports Group (MAG), a global airport company that owns and operates four United Kingdom airports in Manchester, Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth.

The U.S. division of MAG was launched in June 2015, bringing three new business lines to the U.S. market: P3 airport terminal and retail development, Escape lounges and car-parking services. MAG USA has already won three contracts to build common-use Escape lounges in airports in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Oakland, Calif., and Windsor Locks, Conn., that offer high-speed Wi-Fi, charging stations, drinks and food for all travelers, regardless of airline.

EDUCATION: I chose to attend DePaul University as a marketing major, with a Spanish minor, because of its tremendous reputation for academic excellence. Of equal importance to me was the sense of community. During my college years, I always felt like I was part of the DePaul family and its tradition of service to others.

VITAL STATS: Upon graduating from DePaul, I joined the City of Chicago and had the great fortune to work for the city I love. It was an honor and privilege to work for two strong, visionary leaders, Mayor Richard M. Daley and Mayor Rahm Emanuel. I had a unique opportunity to create positive change for our city and its residents serving in various positions during my 24-year career in public service. More than half of my career with the city was spent at the Chicago Department of Aviation.

As commissioner, I oversaw the management and operation of one of the world’s busiest airports during a period of rapid expansion, reviving the organization’s focus on customer service as well as leading a $26 million redevelopment of O’Hare’s international terminal. I also oversaw the $8 billion O’Hare modernization program, which reconfigured the airport’s intersecting runways to improve efficiency and enhance the traveler’s experience.

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY JOB: Working in an industry I love with extremely talented people from around the world. As the CEO of MAG USA I have the opportunity to continue to make a difference in people’s lives by enhancing the traveler’s experience at airports with new offerings that also benefit the airport and surrounding communities.

MY DePAUL EXPERIENCE HELPED ME TO: Think outside the box. It provided me with a solid foundation to build upon. It also instilled in me the importance of strong ethics and of staying true to yourself.

WORDS OF ADVICE FOR RECENT GRADUATES

It is important to do what you love, not be afraid to take risks and follow your heart when making important decisions.