Faculty who Shape Business Theory and Practice Through Research
By Lori Ferguson
Driehaus College of Business professors are not only educators, but also thought leaders whose research discoveries wield influence beyond the readership of the top academic journals that publish their work.
They apply their research to classroom lessons, empowering students to turn theory into action in their careers after graduation. They share their research findings with industry leaders and policymakers, providing new perspectives on the challenges and opportunities facing business and society. And when DePaul business professors communicate their research expertise in the media and through blogs, podcasts and documentaries, they enhance the public’s understanding of business and economic trends.
Here we profile seven DePaul business scholars whose research is shaping business thought and practice:
- James D. Shilling, Housing Trend Tracker
- R David McLean, Investor Behavior Analyst
- Kelly Richmond Pope, White Collar Fraud Fighter
- Andrew Gallan, A Voice for the Patient Experience
- Alyssa J. Westring, Scholar of Work-Life Balance
- William Sander, Economic Examiner
- Misty Johanson, Expert in Hospitality Excellence