Positive Energy Reflection

As a facilitator, read these statements in consecutive order for the group, pausing after each:

1. I would like to invite you to take a moment and look around the room. Take notice of who is here. Who else surrounds you? In whose presence are you in? Who accompanies you?
  2. Now, secretly identify 3 people (perhaps 3 whom you do not know very well, or have yet to have a conversation with). For now I want you to hold them in your heart, we will return to this activity in a moment.
  3. I’m going to ask you now to please close your eyes.
  4. Looking back over the past week, or it could even be today, I invite you to identify 3 independent positive interactions you had with someone from which you felt good energy from, or maybe briefly developed a good connection with. Re-imagine and re-create that experience and moment in your mind. (Pause and wait about 10 minutes).
  5. Reflecting on these moments, how did it make you feel?
  6. What was the energy like in that moment?
  7. What made that moment have such positive energy?
  8. Bring that feeling of positive energy to the fore front of your mind and hold it there. Try and focus that energy to certain parts of your body as I read them aloud to you. Please feel free to close your eyes and concentrate on the words I am saying. (Read deliberately and slowly, giving space and time to focus attention to each body part intentionally). Feel that energy move throughout: your shoulders and your back. Behind your neck. Your wrists and your knees. Your ankles and your toes. When you are ready, please open your eyes.
  9. Now, I want you to recollect the 3 people you secretly held in your heart and identified earlier. Send them some of your positive energy that you have within.
  10. Feel free to silently say or send a prayer for them.
  11. Take a moment to think about, some concrete ways in which we can share positive energy. Especially with the 3 people we have identified.
  12. When you are ready I invite you back to this space, and feel free to jot down those ways you’re going to share your good vibes with this person and with the world.