In old times when there was no proper access to technology, people faced a lot of problems. But! We have technology in everything in today’s modern world, and gadgets have become our best friends. Lots of work we do involves the use of gadgets and it has reduced our load to some extent.
But! Nowadays parents are facing a lot of problems due to gadgets. The question might strike your mind about how gadgets could be a problem for parents. Well! I have an answer.
Children are becoming addicted to using gadgets, due to which their kids are facing a lot of problems. It also affects mental health. Now! Let’s look at various hazards caused by the excessive use of gadgets.
Harmful Effects of Using a Gadget
- Excess to everything is bad. It has become a headache for parents when it comes to using gadgets. Using gadgets makes kids addicted to them.
- When kids spend much of their time on gadgets, it hampers their overall development and ability to gain and learn practical skills.
- Excessive use of gadgets leads to a lack of focus in children as their mind is focused on the gadgets.
- Also, children are going out of their routine as they don’t follow a healthy daily regime, including their sleeping and eating way.
Now, let’s look at how parents can prevent gadget addiction in their children. Here are some tips.
How to Prevent a Gadget Addiction?
- Lead by example- it is often said that children have a habit of copying others, especially their parents, because they spend most of their time with their parents. So, parents will waste their time using gadgets, and then children will do the same thing. Instead of shouting at children’s parents, they should set a good example in front of their kids by not using excessive gadgets and spending quality time with their children. Parents should try to improve themselves first before improving their kids.
- Be strict with rules- Every parent must establish a healthy and strict routine for their kids. Some parents allow their kids to spend time on phones, laptops, etc., to make kids happy. But! This happiness is meaningless because it is pushing them towards an unhealthy life. So, it’s time for parents to realize their responsibility towards their kids and establish a strict routine that involves less use of phones, laptops, video games, etc. Parents should keep a regular monitor on their kids to check whether they are following it or not.
Set a daily limit on screen time – children these days spend a lot of time using gadgets. Therefore, parents need to develop a fixed time for children to use gadgets to limit the excess use. They should ask children about the gadget they will use and set the time. Keep a check that kids should not extend the time limit. Parents could also ask their children to visit online teaching sites to gain some knowledge as they provide quality learning by typing software like learning management systems.
Involve kids in other activities- This is the best way to divert your kid’s mind from the gadget. Make your child involved in different activities like drawing, reading books, and playing ludo; parents can also do fun activities that distract kids from using gadgets.
Spend more time with kids- parents should try to spend more and more time with their kids. Sometimes the excess use of gadgets is a medium of escaping from loneliness. Today parents have no time to spend and give attention to their kids because of their busy schedules. It makes the child feel lonely and start seeing a best friend with a gadget. Therefore, to avoid gadgets, parents should try to be their kid’s best friends and spend much time with them.
It’s all about parents’ how to mold their children. Kids are tiny to understand and distinguish between right and wrong. Gadgets seem a friend to them, but using in excess could harm them. Therefore it’s the prime duty of parents to save their children from excess gadgets. The points mentioned earlier will help parents keep their kids away from gadgets.