While looking for good jobs and actually ending up with one is quite a journey. As a fresher, you must be confused about how to approach a situation like this. First, impressing your recruiter should be on your priority list. Recruiters are usually very hard to please.
They are trained to find flaws in your resume, interviews and put you to the test at any moment. It is on you if you are able to handle the situation and take charge of the interaction. Here are a few tips that will help you leave a good impression on the recruiter.
One thing that lessens your chances of getting a job is being reluctant.
- When you face the recruiter, make sure that they get to see the enthusiasm in the way you speak.
- No recruiter would like to see a candidate who is confused and not putting in much effort during the interview.
- If you are a reluctant applicant who is not grateful for the opportunity they are getting, the recruiter will not appreciate this approach.
- Your approach matters the most. Being enthusiastic during the conversation does not mean that you blabber without thinking.
- Speak in a calculative manner and mention relevant skills and courses to let them know your capabilities.
- Once a recruiter recognizes your potential, you have a high chance of landing the job.
Keep your answers ready
While talking to a recruiter, make sure you know how to hold the conversation. They will ask you multiple questions related to varying aspects. Ensure that you know how to answer those questions.
To make it better, keep your answers ready in case you don’t want to lose out on a good opportunity. The most common question that will come your way is why you want the particular job. You must have the answers ready. If you are not able to give them an immediate answer, it might leave a bad impression on them.
You must ask yourself first what reasons have driven you to apply for this job and job role. The job role that you are being offered must fit your profile. You must let the recruiter know your capabilities and boundaries.
This way, your interview will be more transparent, increasing your chances of getting hired. If they ask you what appealed to you about this particular job, give them an answer that will make them happy.
Explain the kind of job role you are willing to take and how you plan to approach your work. Most of the time, you have to mention why you have chosen the particular firm.
Recruiters will ask you a lot of questions about what you feel about networking. Your Linkedin profile and network matter a lot if you are looking to get hired and impress your recruiter.
Recruiters value a candidate who has built a good network around them. Previous work experiences are also considered by most recruiters to judge how you have done in the past. They ask you a lot of questions about your work relationships with the employees of your past work experience.
The way you have handled communication with your previous employer also says a lot about what kind of services you will be offering if offered the new job. If they understand that you are capable of making connections, you are a safe bet.
Communication stands as one of the most important parts of landing a good job.
- If you have a good resume but cannot speak well, it is of no use.
- Most technical firms in today’s time prefer candidates who are well-versed in at least more than one language.
- It helps the firm to deal with different clients.
- While in the interview, don’t hesitate to ask questions to the recruiter.
- These questions should mostly be about how the company functions, its employee policies, and its approach towards achieving its goals.
- Once you get the answer to these questions, you will have a clear idea about working in that firm.
When the recruiter asks you about your interests and approach towards work, give safe and honest answers. Do not overdo it, but be sure to make it a point to assure your sincerity.
A follow-up note
After you are done with the interview, thank the recruiter for their time and later on send a follow-up note. This note can be in the form of an email, where you must mention all the key points discussed in your conversation and how you are a good choice for the role.
The note must be thoughtful where you let them know that you are glad you got this opportunity to make a good pitch. Once you get the job, make sure you produce the correct documentation for the national police clearance.