Board members of Kellstadt Partners pose on DePaul’s Loop Campus in downtown Chicago. (Photo by Ryan Silver)
By Nadia Alfadel Coloma
Student organizations at the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business are an integral part of what makes learning at Kellstadt engaging, rewarding and fun. They provide opportunities for expanding your network, diversifying experiences, exploring interests, building confidence and growing personally and professionally.
Whether you’re a full- or part-time student, you’ll find several opportunities to connect with Kellstadt student organizations throughout the year. Don’t know where to start? Take a look at these five organizations and what they have to offer:
Kellstadt Partners (KP) promotes and develops lasting relationships within the Kellstadt community, while also providing the opportunity for students to explore new places in Chicago and expand their network “without the dreaded networking event.” They host monthly and sometimes biweekly social and career events that are promoted on the Kellstadt Partners Instagram account – @Kellstadt Partners – and the DePaul Kellstadt Networking and Job Forum on LinkedIn.
- Getting involved with KP is easy because all Kellstadt students are already members
- Meet people and make friends
- Boost your mental health with fun social interactions
The best way to get in touch with KP is to contact them on Instagram.
Kellstadt Women in Business
Kellstadt Women in Business (KWiB) is a professional development resource, with a focus on women empowerment, mentorship and network-building. The organization is planning a fall kickoff event in October, with details coming soon.
- Expand your network
- Learn from career panels
- Engage in roundtable discussions
Questions? Email email@example.com
DePaul Consulting Club
The DePaul Consulting Club (DCC) facilitates professional networking, skill development and career preparation for students interested in the field of consulting. Their key focus areas are:
- Networking – connecting students with alumni from various industries
- Experience – providing real-world experiences on pro-bono consulting projects with local nonprofit businesses
- Recruiting prep – offering workshops from the DePaul Career Center as well as experts from consulting firms
- Case competitions – engaging students in case competitions to enhance skills and improve career prospects for members
- Gain consulting experience through applied projects
- Network with your peers, alumni and professional consultants
- Learn from a host of professional development workshops
- Get help with case competition prep
Upcoming DCC event:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DePaul Net Impact
DePaul Net Impact is DePaul’s only professional sustainability networking group. They are a chapter of the international nonprofit organization Net Impact with 400-plus global chapters and more than 100,000 members, and were recently awarded the Net Impact Gold Status for 2021-2022. Their mission is to provide students a platform to engage with and become part of a network of leaders in social and environmental impact for sustainable development.
- Meet other students interested in bringing sustainability to their academic and professional careers
- Attend sustainability-focused events
- Connect with and learn from sustainability professionals, and maybe even find internship or professional opportunities with impact in mind
Watch this short video on how DePaul Net Impact can support your career journey as a student interested in sustainability.
Upcoming DePaul Net Impact events:
- Thursday, Sept. 30 Meet and Greet on the Lincoln Park Campus north quad from 4 to 6 p.m. (no registration required)
- Fall sustainability career fair (date TBD), being planned in conjunction with the Kellstadt Career Management Center and George Brigandi, director of the Master’s in Sustainable Management program
Questions? Email email@example.com
Kellstadt Business Analytics Organization (KBAO)
The Kellstadt Business Analytics Organization is a community of mindful leaders who focus on intellectual and professional growth inside and outside of the classroom. Their goal is to help prepare students to be highly competitive data-driven business leaders by promoting knowledge and awareness of the latest data technologies, trends and concepts, as well as building a valuable networking community.
- Get KBAO event information right when it becomes available through the members mailing list
- Gain exclusive opportunities to network with Kellstadt alumni who work in analytics and other analytics professionals
- Build your network and be a part of a strong community of fellow analytics enthusiasts
Upcoming KBAO events:
- Tuesday, Sept. 28 Virtual Happy Hour from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Register here
- Fall Alumni Connect and Industry Panel (virtual event focused on connecting students with analytics professionals from different industries) – being planned for later in the quarter
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org