Winter Event Galore

By: Jeremy Blye

Welcome back to this glorious blog as we wind down for this quarter. So much has gone on within the past 2 months, it is awesome to see. Our community has been revived for in-person events, and our online presence is still continuing to boom! I just thought I would give a little bit of insight into what we have planned and what I think of it. Since we have been able to get back in person, I have been trying to help create events that are catered towards our community. We want to be able to see everyone who is a part of our community find a place within what has been created here at DePaul. So what exactly does this mean?

EVENTS! As many of you may know, we are hosting our Fall Finals Bash next Thursday (November 11th) from 1-4PM. Come swing by the gaming center to check out some games, some cool people (like ME!), and even some free food! How can you say no to gaming and free food? On top of this, we are hosting another series like the Summer Showdown. Instead of the previous summer name, we have the Snowy Showdown. At the moment, we have two events planned for this. There is the Rainbow Six Siege vs. VALORANT Showdown and a huge Rocket League tourney. The R6 vs. VAL Showdown will feature our competitive teams playing each other in the respective teams. The RL tourney will feature many different schools and even possibly a special guest team! The R6 vs. VAL is happening on 12/4 time TBD and the RL tourney is happening on 12/18 at 12PM. We will hopefully plan more Snowy Showdown series, but only time will be able to tell as far as that goes. On top of this, we do have C2E2 coming right around the corner. It is from December 10th-12th and we have a timeslot from 645PM-745PM on December 11th.

Even though it seems we are focusing a whole bunch into what we are offering over winter break, we will be starting a bunch of new events and activities for the community to do going into winter quarter. Now that we all have a grip into what this community looks like while we are in person, we figured we should really interact with all of the awesome people that are here! Be on the lookout into what we will be announcing and what we will try to do for the community as time passes.

You know this wouldn’t be a blog without me giving some form of insight from my end. I honestly have been loving what this community has been able to do and the people that I have been able to meet. By far the Esports community is the most unique community I have ever been a part of. It is so cool to see how there are very few biases around this community. People are here because they want to game or socialize. This is something I want to help boost, and I hope with some of the things we are planning, we can accomplish this. As I have said before, this is something that only time will be able to tell!