Olivia Moosey – Writing Intern

Oct 18, 2022 | A Day in the Life, Internship Projects

So far, so good! My writing internship at StudyBreaks has been nothing but a success. Something I really appreciate about this is the fact that it’s up to you how you want to go about it. What I mean by that is you choose the topics you want to write about. It’s all your level of interest and how you think you would best contribute to the team. This is a fully student-led media magazine website. With that in mind, and my own interests of lifestyle, entertainment, and health/fitness, I knew exactly what I wanted to write about for my first article. 

Part of the internship is sending in three pitches per week, and the internship coordinator selects which of the three pitches he wants made into a full article. I’m glad the first article of my internship is something I’m extremely passionate about and has taken over my life (in the best way) these past four years of college. Getting to write a full article on an organization that has changed my life, sharing my experience with it and expressing why I love it as much as I do was the best. I won’t go too much into detail about the organization here – I’ll provide a PDF of the article at the end of this post that explains everything. It’s called CHAARG (Changing Health, Attitudes, and Actions to Recreate Girls) and it’s all about female empowerment and encouraging women to be their best and most authentic versions of themselves. Ladies, if this interests you, please join next quarter – it will be the best decision you will make in your college career!

When the internship group met up for our weekly feedback on our articles, there was so much positive and encouraging feedback on mine. All the women in the group seemed to love the concept of the organization and why I joined. They brought up how the fitness industry is extremely male dominated and how it’s great that we have a large group of women getting stronger and working out together (which was exactly why it was started in the first place). There wasn’t much constructive criticism – just the fact that these ladies wanted to join at their university! That was most definitely the best part of the internship: the fact that, clearly, this organization means a lot to so many, and the fact that I got to share it for my internship. 

https://d2l.depaul.edu/d2l/le/896502/discussions/posts/10445160/ViewAttachment?fileId=27325599

written by

OLIVIA MOOSEY

Olivia is a sophomore pursuing a B.A. in Journalism. She is currently a Writing Intern for StudyBreaks Magazine.