Developing a Social Media Brand

Apr 29, 2021 | Internship Projects, Remote Work

Throughout the entirety of my internship, I can definitely say that help building Elevate Physical Therapy’s social media brand is one of the most engaging and rewarding parts. I’m doing a lot of other tasks, like community outreach and creating easier/newer ways for patient communication, which are great—but it’s great to see the company grow virtually. I also find in doing this that my bosses and I are able to create better relationships with patients and also just show off the morals of the brand.

This company was founded a few months before COVID-19 lockdown hit, so they had a rough start. They established a clientele from mostly doctor referrals and previous patients but weren’t able to bring in many new patients. They’re also really busy in and outside of work, so managing social media and community outreach wasn’t in the cards! I’ve been able to post twice a week, ranging from patient highlights to physical therapy tips, and have increased engagement immensely. This role in social media is able to keep me completely engaged and constantly take initiative in creating new ideas. ​

In today’s age, social media brand is a first impression for a lot of people, especially the younger generations. Plus, it’s just something where you can show more about your company other than  a Yelp or Google review. Physical therapy and the work Elevate does is all about rehabilitation and supporting their patients to a great recovery, and it’s great that we’re able to highlight their journeys. Overall, having the opportunity to help this company is definitely helping to strengthen my current skills while also creating more, and that’s all I could really ask for.

Elevate Physical Therapy’s Instagram page